Thursday, January 28, 2016

Fan Voting Cost Me a Perfect All-Star Prediction


Well, look at that! 22 out of 24 correct! Looks like I have my finger on the pulse of the NBA. Well, except for DWade and Kobe. Fan voting ruins yet another good thing.

Obviously, besides Kobe I think the coaches and players got these teams right. Would have loved to see Dirk, but if Kobe just has to be on the team, then whatever. I guarantee his old ass won't play more than five minutes, anyway. But, hey lets keep using All-Star appearances for Hall of Fame voting since the game is just so legitimate. As I said earlier, I don't have Wade on my team, but I'm both a massive homer and not too upset about it. Sure, he's shooting career-low percentages and has the worst free throw rate of his career and his team is better without him and he ranks 226 in real plus minus, but hey, what do I know?

As is the case with every All-Star Game, who finishes the game is what to really look at. Along with minutes played, it always offers a good snapshot of who really matters around the league. I'm guessing, if it's a close game, the west will finish with Curry-Durant-Kawhi-Draymond-Cousins in an orgy of length and skill, while the east will go LeBron-Wade-Melo-Bosh-George. Trust me, that's not the lineup I'd go with if I was coach of the east, but I have a functioning brain and have full control of my balls. Tyronn Lue has neither. LeBron's newest puppet will surely just finish the game with all his buddies, regardless of the fact that the west's lineup would run that one off the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment