Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Man lowers price of castle to $1.5 million, really wish I won Powerball now


(source)-A man who spent $3million building his dream home in the middle of the Nevada desert is desperate to sell the bunker-esque castle, slashing the asking price to just $1.5million after listing it for years on the market. 
Randy Johnston, 69, says he's selling the imposing home he calls Hard Luck Mine Castle because his health is failing and he wants to buy a 50-foot sailboat.
The 250-mile round-trip journey to Pahrump, Nevada for food and other supplies, is also starting to get old. 

Castles are awesome. That's an indisputable fact. If you own a castle, living in a remote place where no one can seize your castle and poor people can't come in is also awesome. Another indisputable fact. Therefore, owning this castle in the middle of the desert must be awesome, right?

There's only one reason I can think of to not spend the reasonable price of $1.5 million. Sure, there's no moat, but you can easily make your own. It didn't look like there were any suits of armor, either, but you could buy your own with the money you saved with the bargain price.

For me to buy this, I would need confirmation that there is a wizard's lab somewhere in this castle. I didn't see one in the gallery, so I'm hoping it's a hidden room or basement. Everyone knows a castle is nothing without a wizard. I wouldn't even need the wizard himself to be there, just all the books I would need to teach myself magic. Castles were made to conduct dark magical experiments. I can only imagine what kind of crazy stuff you can get into in the middle of the desert when you start getting into peyote. Because make no mistake, if you live in this castle, 250 miles away from any kind of civilization, you're going to eat a lot of peyote. I'm pretty sure a similar scenario lead to Phil Jackson figuring out how to coach Kobe.

Bottomline, if Randy Johnston here told me there was, in fact a wizard's library and lab in the basement and there was all I need to become a powerful spell caster, I'll pack my bags right now. If not, I might have to wait until the price drops one more time before I pounce on this castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment