Monday, January 25, 2016

What a beautiful day!

So serene

What a day. What a beautiful day. The sun is shining, the crisp winter air is refreshing, and the snow on the ground is still a beautiful white wonderland and not a disgusting slushy hellscape. I'm feeling good and flying high. After all, I'm coming off a great weekend. Absolutely nothing went wrong! Everything went my way, right down to the fact that the huge amount of pizza I ordered to comfort my weeping soul celebrate was late. Can't get much better.

Anyway, I think it's time I find a new place to live. Preferably one in complete isolation where no one can bother me. Luckily, the cave market is really buyer friendly right now, so I've been going through some of the more appealing options. Here's a few of the good ones:


What's the biggest credo among real estate agents? "Location, location, location." Well, this quaint beachfront property is all about location. Look at that view! Talk about a relaxing escape. Perfect for forgetting about the failures of your football team. Also perfect to get washed away in a high tide. Unfortunately, I'm not that depressed, so being able to avoid drowning is a big plus for me. Plus, since it's right on the beach, you never know who can just show up at your cave. Part of being a good hermit is the ability to avoid people at all costs. For these two reasons, I'm out.


A cave in the middle of the desert, what's not to like? No neighbors, no cold, no life in any direction. Well, except the rattlesnakes. And the scorpions. And whatever genies live deep within the bowels of this cavern. I don't know much in this world, but I do know cursed deserts are real and very mysterious. I'm not looking to get lost for all eternity or anger a dark spirit of the sands. No thanks.


Another intriguing option, this ice cave is in the perfect neighborhood to avoid human contact. People hate the cold, so why would they come here? Plus, in every ice cave there's a 50% of finding either Articuno or the Fortress of Solitude. You also have a 50% of falling into an icy crevasse never to be seen again. Plus, there's not a lot of food or shelter in an ice cave. Think I'm gonna have to pass.


Now we're getting into the best of the best. This Precambrian era rock formation offers all the comfort of yesteryear with the amenities of today. Being on a mountainside offers natural protection from the elements and bothersome passersby, and offers scenic views of the surrounding area. Unfortunately, being hard to get to means that it'll be hard to get all my stuff there, too. I mean, I don't really know how long I'll be in this cave. Books can only last me so long. I need tv, PlayStation, and an internet router. Might be tough to set up so high above sea level.


We've almost got a winner. This cave in the middle of the rainforest offers breathtaking views, floral and faunal diversity, and friendly natives who keep everyone else away. Unfortunately for me, those same natives have probably booby-trapped the hell out of this cave. Sure I might find priceless treasures and powerful artifacts, but one wrong step and I'm skewered on a wooden spike or poisoned by a million darts. It'd be perfect if it weren't for the fact that I have zero chance of getting out alive.


I think I've found the one! Just like the rainforest cave, this little number has great views and great animal neighbors. Unlike the rainforest, this regular forest is peaceful and uninhabited. The only possible drawback is the small chance that this is in a haunted forest. But I can deal with ghosts. I just won't go out at night and listen to music or something while I sleep to drown out the cries and moans of the tortured phantoms that share my forest home. You might think that the dense growth of trees may effect wifi strength, which may be true, but I figure it would only be a matter of time until half the trees are cut down to put a cellphone tower near me. There's really no downside.

No comments:

Post a Comment