Friday, January 22, 2016

It's (hopefully) finally time for snow


This weekend is supposed to be the first big snowstorm of the season. The D.C. area is supposed to be hit hardest, and, since they're below New Jersey, there is mass panic as they haven't seen any snow since last winter. People lose their minds over snow.

But me, I love snow. Maybe since I was born and raised in Vermont and went to college in Connecticut, snow is just in my veins. A third of my blood is probably snow, with the other two thirds being some combination of actual blood and maple syrup. Maybe it's because my birthday is in early January, close enough to Christmas to make winter one extended party. Either way, I thrive in snow. Playing in the snow is still awesome. The sound of footsteps in snow is like auditory crack. So many good seasonal foods and drinks. Winter is my favorite season. Nothing better than curling up with a blanket and a ton of pizza while watching playoff football, basketball, Netflix, or, dare I say, a book when there's a blizzard outside.

Everyone always says they hate shoveling. I don't mind shoveling, know why? What's the fastest way to get ripped? Hard, manual labor. While everyone else is sitting inside becoming pale and frail, the one tasked with shoveling the driveway is getting jacked and ready for the beach. All those layers make you sweat more, and, as everyone know, more sweat equals more muscles. It gives you a huge leg up. Sure driving sucks because most people act like they've never touched a steering wheel when there's an inch of snow on the ground, and fighting over parking spots is the true bloodsport, but, for my money, winter is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment