Thursday, January 28, 2016

Support Pouring in for LeBron James



NEW YORK, N.Y.- In a show of solidarity with Cavaliers star LeBron James, the hashtag #IStandwithLeBron took over social media last night. Some of the biggest names in music, sports, and politics tweeted in their support for LeBron, who has recently come under fire for going to great lengths to both get his coach fired and to cover up having any role in the firing. LeBron has bristled at being called a "coach killer," claiming that "(he's) never, in (his) time since (he's) picked up a basketball, ever undermined a coach, ever disrespected a coach." Though a blatant lie, LeBron has received plenty of backing.

"AS A FELLOW GOD, #ISTANDWITHLEBRON" rapper Kanye West tweeted out. "sending out positive thoughts to lebron," he continued, "personally i have never disrespected another artist so i feel his pain." Chris Martin, Chris Brown, and Violent J of the Insane Clown Posse also joined the movement. The world of sports also saw many stars voice their opinion, most notably an Instagram video from J.J. Watt with the caption "#IStandwithLeBron I'm with you big dog! Gotta #keepgrinding and #striveforgreatness! Like LeBron, I've never done anything purely for attention or to go viral and have always been completely genuine! Now watch me and Grandma hit this dab!!"

Correspondents in Pyongyang recently interviewed North Korea Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un, where he offered his thoughts on the situation. "After his recent brave comments, I have decided that #IStandwithLeBron," the dictator said. "What do people want him to do, turn off his massive brain? I've heard that he can name where some players went to college. Who can do that? The man's a genius. That's why I feel we're kindred spirits. I can't turn my brain off either, it's too powerful. I've also never threatened to bomb another country or committed any human rights violations." The rotund leader would go on to say, "People call LeBron a coach killer, and he disagrees. And, I mean, listen, I've done a lot of killing, and LeBron's right. He hasn't killed anyone. He just made it his personal mission to make a man lose his job. All that means is David Blatt doesn't have to be around LeBron anymore. He did him a favor if you really think about it. Pretty selfless, if you ask me."

Early reports out of Westeros claim that the late King Joffery Baratheon's final words were "I #StandwithLeBron."

No comments:

Post a Comment