Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Has anyone else noticed JJ Redick's new ink?


Watch out, everybody, we've got a new bad boy in the NBA! All those girls at the poetry slams don't stand a chance anymore. Getting chicks at hipster coffee shops will be like shooting fish in a barrel for JJ. I first noticed the unfinished product in November, but last night was the first time I saw the completed sleeve. One of the most astonishing tattoos I've ever seen. Don't know what the intent was for this. Whether he wanted to add some edge, become more mysterious, or if he just likes it, the end result is the most hipster looking pro athlete maybe of all time. It must be working, since he just dropped 40. A dirty little secret of mine: I never really hated JJ Redick. I acted like I did, because our school already had our one Duke fan, and nothing got you kicked off the cool table in the cafeteria than being the second Duke fan in 2005. Don't get me wrong, I hated that Duke team, maybe more than I've ever hated any other team, but most of my hate was directed at Paulus, Sheldon Williams, and Demarcus Nelson. I was still #teamMorrison, but I didn't want Redick dead like most of America.

Not many things better than unexpected (i.e., white) athletes getting huge tattoos out of nowhere. It's a foolproof strategy, too. People calling you soft and unathletic? Get a gigantic tattoo, now you're the crazy guy. Now you've always got a spot on a roster. Why do you think Birdman Andersen is still kicking around? Teams always need a crazy guy.

Best unexpected tattoos off the top of my head:


Andrei Kirilenko


AJ McCarron

Birdman when he first showed up on the Nuggets covered in tats

Lionel Messi

And, of course, number one of all time Robert Swift

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment